[svk-devel] Why push svk:mirror?

Thomas Neumann tneumann at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 25 18:32:56 EST 2007

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled about the svk:mirror property. I understand why it is
needed, but why is it pushed to the upstream server? When mirroring a
server, the information about the merge status is only relevant for the
local copy, not for the upstream server. At least I do not see how he
can make use of it, any the local repository knows anyway.

In fact I would find it much more pleasant if svk:mirror would only be
stored locally: First, it would make svk usage completely transparent
(to the upstream server), svk would just be a much more powerful svn
client.  And second, the svk:mirror property grows with the number of
svk users (i.e. developer), which is unaesthetic. Admittedly these are
not real problems, but I would still think a solution without upstream
svk:mirror nicer.

Thomas