[svk-devel] svk 2.0.0 is released. [win32]

David Golden xdaveg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 13:46:28 EST 2007

On 1/5/07, Kevin Light <klight at walkertechnical.com> wrote:
> ----- David Golden <xdaveg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > One annoyance was that I needed to set $ENV{LANG} to avoid a ton of
> > warnings about uninitialized variables.  I tried tracking it down but
> > gave up trying to follow the calling chain from SVK::Util through all
> > the various locale and encoding modules that get dynamically loaded
> > at
> > runtime.
>
> I forgot the solution to this until I built it yesterday.  Install Win32::Console (which installs cleanly on Strawberry BTW) and the encoding issues go away.

Does SVK use Win32::Console itself?  Or does it get called in by some
subsidiary locale handling module?  It would be helpful to know
whether this is a hidden dependency for other things to work properly
-- if so, I may put it on the list for automatic inclusion with
Vanilla Perl distributions.

Thanks,

David