[svk-devel] SVK sneaker-net question

Mark E. Hamilton mhamilt at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 9 17:09:18 EST 2007

Hi,

I've been tasked to research Subversion and SVK. One of the things we'd
like to be able to do is to share a repository with a location that
doesn't have, and will never have, network access to the 'master'
repository. It seems clear from R. Brown's "SVK - a visual guide" and
the Bieber Labs tutorial that once a mirrored path is created in a depot
and disconnected that it can never be modified until it's reconnected.

This seems to imply that we could create a new mirror of the master
repository, take it to the remote machine, replace the mirrored path in
the depot with it, then update our local branch with those changes and
vice-versa. Just is similarly, we could then bring back a copy of the
remote depot, and merge the changes back into the master repository.

Is this reasonable and supported, or am I all wet? Is there a better way
of doing this?