[svk-devel] svk 2.0 confusing messages

Sat Jan 13 03:02:48 EST 2007

> On 1/12/07, Viktor Štujber <theultramage at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 'empty merge' means that the source and destination directories are
> > file-by-file identical so there's nothing to do, and svk prevents you
> > from commiting revisions with no data.
> > If something has to be merged, there needs to be something to merge...
> >

> The explanation makes sense, but it shouldn't be logged as there are
> lots of scenarios where there are no needs to be merged and this would
> render the console useless if logged. So I am pretty sure that with
> the example I have presented above there is something wrong
> (considering that it kept showing those for a couple of attempts).

After running 15 or 20 times the above commands the messages got away.
I got the impression that what solved the problem was running a smerge
command with the synch mirror option. Frankly speaking I still belive
this is a bug, but considering that nobody commented on it makes me a
bit uncomfortable calling it so.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.