[svk-devel] For those people who upgrade from 1.08 to 2.0 (Win32)

Wed Jan 17 13:35:29 EST 2007

On 1/17/07, Mark Wu <markplace at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I just upgrade my working environment from SVK 1.08 to 2.0 using Kevin's
> build.
>
> Everything works fine. But when I downgrade to 1.08, some weird things
> happend:
>
> When I use "svk sync //xxx" (in 1.08), it just show me
>
> "Can't call method "XXX" on unblessed reference", as the same error post
> here:
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/svk-devel/2006-November/000295.html
>

> It seems Kevin's build use YAML > 0.6, and the original 1.08 build use YAML
> is 0.39 ... that's why cause the error.
>
> So, my questions is
>
> ** how can I downgrade to 1.0.8 without those error messages? Is it
> possible?
>
> Another problem is, it seems Kevin's build did not include 18n from SVK, so
> there is only English messages.
>
> I just try to copy the po files from SVK::I18n, and add a environment
> varialve LANG = zh_TW. Then. it can show Traditional Chinese without any
> problem.
>
> But, if I use "svk sync -a", it still show me English messages.
>
> So, the 2nd question is:
>
> ** How can I Change SVK locale correctly?
>
> Thanks for this great software.
>
> Regards, Mark

Hi Mark!

Usually, from other projects history, major version changes (1=>2) are
bringing imcompatibilities even in upgrading. So trying to downgrade
seems pretty risky. Indeed, I have completely read the 2.0.0 release
documentation and I haven't seen a clear note that once you start
using 2.x you will not be able to use it with 1.x. So, probably
placing this note somewhere would help users before upgrading.

BR,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.