[svk-devel] svk merge, problem w/ copied path in local branch
lundquist.mark at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:56:25 EDT 2007
I ran into a problem today and I wonder if anyone knows what is causing
1) A while back I copied a path within a remote repository which I am
mirroring locally. I don't remember whether I made the copy directly
in the remote repository using svn, or made the copy in my mirror and
then synced... but it was one or the other. I'll call the original
path 'O' new copy 'N', and my mirrored version of 'N', 'MN'.
2) I made a local development branch by copying 'MN'... call this new
path 'L'. It exists only in my local repository.
3) Checked out a bunch of changes in a working copy of L.
4) Did a "svk pull" in the L working copy, to pick up intervening
changes from N.
5) Did "svk push" from the L working copy.
When I did this, something bad happened... svk committed every change
to N since its copy from O back to O! Essentially, it turned O into N.
So, what is the deal? Any ideas?
More information about the svk-devel