[svk-devel] "Large" commit fails ¿why? ¿can I split it?

Brice Figureau brice+svk at daysofwonder.com
Wed Oct 3 09:18:25 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 07:50 -0500, Francisco Jose Peredo wrote:
> Thanks a lot... I'll try to play with those two options (but...  I am
> thinking this is more a network related problem, because yesterday, I
> was unable to send a 32Mbytes changeset to the remote SVN server....
> until 6:00PM... (when everybody goes home) having all the network
> "just for me" made it possible to send upload that "large" changeset.

This might be a timeout issue on the Apache side.
You should check or increase:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#timeout

> I only wish SVK could help me "split" my change set and send them
> "file by file" to the server.... (that would make SVK very attractive
> for people that have the same problem that I have, allowing them to
> have local change set that make sense transactionally, and still send
> those changes to a remote "supervised" repository even if they arrive
> "splitted")

Depending on how you commited your change to your depot (ie you
committed lots of small changesets), then you can use an smerge -I to
send changes one at a time to the upstream SVN.
But if you have a big changeset (or had big files in 1 changeset), then
you need a better network :-)
--
Brice Figureau <brice+svk at daysofwonder.com>