Re: [svk-devel] "Large" commit fails ¿why? ¿can I split it?

Francisco Jose Peredo fperedo at sefintab.gob.mx
Wed Oct 3 10:28:35 EDT 2007

Hi!

Brice Figureau escribió:
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 07:50 -0500, Francisco Jose Peredo wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot... I'll try to play with those two options (but...  I am
>> thinking this is more a network related problem, because yesterday, I
>> was unable to send a 32Mbytes changeset to the remote SVN server....
>> until 6:00PM... (when everybody goes home) having all the network
>> "just for me" made it possible to send upload that "large" changeset.
>>

> This might be a timeout issue on the Apache side.
> You should check or increase:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#timeout

Yes.... that could be the root of this problem... may problem now is
that the apache admin is not letting me "see" the httpd.conf file...
mmmm.... do you know if apache sends a particular error code that svk
could recognize somehow (and that I could see somehow) to be sure that
the reason the commit is being cancelled is because of this TimeOut setting?

>> I only wish SVK could help me "split" my change set and send them
>> "file by file" to the server.... (that would make SVK very attractive
>> for people that have the same problem that I have, allowing them to
>> have local change set that make sense transactionally, and still send
>> those changes to a remote "supervised" repository even if they arrive
>> "splitted")
>>

> Depending on how you commited your change to your depot (ie you
> committed lots of small changesets), then you can use an smerge -I to
> send changes one at a time to the upstream SVN.
> But if you have a big changeset (or had big files in 1 changeset), then
> you need a better network :-)

Yes, thanks,  I have already used incremental, it did help for small
changesets... but failed for the big ones... and since there is no way
to "split" them... it seems that using svn directly is "better" for
unreliable networks, because one can always "fall back" to commit
manually "file by file". I read that Svk has an "interactive" option to
do something like that for Svk commit, could I do something like that to
solve this problem?

Thanks
Regards,
Francisco