[svk-devel] inconsistency between svn repo and svk checkout

Marc Horowitz marc at mit.edu
Fri Feb 8 17:39:12 EST 2008

Hi, CL.

"Chia-liang Kao" <clkao at clkao.org> writes:

>> Can you see on the server which revision the svn:executable
>> property was set on?  and run a log -v on that revision,

The property was set on the revision in which the file was created:

    > svn proplist -r 6038 https://svn.sqprod.com/svn/azrael/trunk/client-common/message/msggen.pl
    Properties on 'https://svn.sqprod.com/svn/people/nim/msggen-devel/azrael/client-common/message/msggen.pl':
      svn:executable
    > svn log -v -r 6038 https://svn.sqprod.com/svn/azrael/trunk/client-common/message/msggen.pl
    r6038 | nim | 2007-02-23 19:00:18 -0500 (Fri, 23 Feb 2007) | 3 lines
    Changed paths:
       A /people/nim/msggen-devel/azrael/client-common/message/msggen.pl

It is also set on every revision which shows up in svn log on the
file, so it doesn't seem that it's ever been removed.

>> also see the corresponding revision in the svk mirror.  This is to
>> see if the particular revision where the property was introduced
>> was somehow not mirrored propertly, or was the property later
>> overridden.

This is where things get a little weird:

    > svk log -r 6038@ //mirror/azrael
    Can't find local revision for 6038 on /mirror/azrael.

I tried creating a brand new depot, mirror, and sync, but the behavior
is identical.

                Marc