[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 8 12:32:10 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 12:20, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I'm currently leaning toward spending a couple days playing with an aegis
> repository and the RT 2.1 codebase. The basic plan would be to leave the
> 2.0 branch in CVS, but to do new development in the new VCS.  Has anyone
> here worked with aegis?

I started to, but couldn't get it to import our existing RCS (!) files
sanely.  And I have largely the same problems with it that you do, and
while I have a good idea of how to work around most of them, I don't
really have the time to create the necessary wrappers and other things
to make it acceptable as a replacement for our current setup.

(And I'm still seriously bummed that the license for Perforce that I
worked so hard on getting freed up for general university use turned out
to be academic-use-only, so I can't use it for infrastructure.  *grump*)

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux][solaris][japh][freebsd]
allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [openafs][heimdal][too many hats]
allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering
KF8NH
carnegie mellon university    ["better check the oblivious first"
-ke6sls]