[Rt-devel] Performance 3.4.1, quick advice sought

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 24 10:43:53 EST 2005

At Wednesday 2/23/2005 02:43 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:29:09PM -0500, Stephen Turner wrote:
> >
> > This component (the owner drop-down) has been a problem for us at MIT too
> > (30s to display the search page and the bulk ticket update page). We do
> > have many potential owners of tickets - there are many groups using RT to
> > field help requests. It seems like the component doesn't scale too well.
>
>So. I have users demanding that "SelectOwner" be switched to a text
>entry box and users demanding that it not be switched to a text entry
>box. Not sure I have a good answer.

Sorry if I came across as demanding - not my intention. I do think it's a
valid issue though, one that warrants some investigation.

What I'd like to see is the drop-down list executing quickly - we have
3.1.14 running (with mysql) with very fast response on the search page.
3.4.1 against the same data (with Oracle) is considerably slower. I've
tried to dig into the code to see what might be causing the slowdown but
I've not been able to track it down.

Thanks,
Steve