[rt-users] unable to add message to queue, 1.0.7

Shane Allen shane at tacni.net
Fri May 18 03:21:47 EDT 2001

I created a queue "test". I also added a user admin (in anticipation of
removing the root user) with my email address. This user was set as an rt
admin, and has manipulate access to the queue "test".  I am running qmail
on FreeBSD. I added to /var/qmail/alias the following:

.qmail-rt-test:
|/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate test correspond

I've tested the alias with a simple perl test script, and arguments are
getting passed correctly. The return message (shown below) leads me to
believe that the message is getting passed to the script correctly as well.

What I think based on what I can tell is that for some reason the mailgate
is not realizing that it should add the job to the "test" queue. I think
this because in the subject of the return message it has (_rt_system) which
is a subdir under the queue directory that was created by default. I'm not
sure if I'm reading it right. My next test will be to enable the extended
syntax and mess with some debug options and the like, but I wanted to see
if anyone had any idea what was going on before I messed with it.

Which brings up another question: are debug messages written to a logfile,
or to stdout/stderr? I'm operating on very little sleep (I hate quick
deadlines, but the pay is good), so if there was a Makefile option for the
debug log save path, then forgive this question. ;)

TIA -- return message below:

Subject: [host.net #0] (_rt_system) RT Error: test
To: shane at tacni.net

There has been an error:
There has been an error with your request:
You don't have permission to create requests in this queue. Either you're
not a queue member or non-members aren't allowed to create requests in this
queue.

Your message is reproduced below:

test
--
Shane <shane at tacni.net>

Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.