[rt-users] https bug

Yan Fitterer y.fitterer at ram.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 06:49:53 EDT 2002

Er... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, but unless I'm
much mistaken, the "fix" will be worse that the ill in my case. I run
both an http and https virtual hosts against the same RT instance,
so if I was to set $WebBaseURL, it would in all cases break one
server or the other. If I leave it to http: then when I access RT via
https, I get in some browsers a request to load "non-secure items",
which then fails silently. If I set it to https, then every time the page
loads, I get a "license certificate" string of popup windows... Not
good.

However, experimenting with the $WebBaseURL, it seems that
setting it to "" works without breaking anything obvious.

Does anybody on the list knows a "Good Reason" not to set
$WebBaseURL to null?

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction,
Yan