[rt-users] Re: RT and CVS on different hosts

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Mon Jan 14 08:35:32 EST 2002

  |+ - I browsed through the "security issues" in the MySQL manual and found
  |+ SSL mentioned several times but no reference on how to configure mysqld
  |+ for it. Could somebody point me to the right section in the docs?

As I understand it, MySQL supports SSL as of Version 4.0.0:

Do not transmit plain (unencrypted) data over the Internet. These data are
accessible to everyone who has the time and ability to intercept it and
use it for their own purposes. Instead, use an encrypted protocol such as
SSL or SSH. MySQL supports internal SSL connections as of Version
4.0.0. SSH port-forwarding can be used to create an encrypted (and
compressed) tunnel for the communication.

Taken from: http://mysql.nixc.net/doc/G/e/General_security.html