[rt-users] CC cant modify tickets

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Tue Mar 19 18:33:08 EST 2002

Phil Homewood wrote:
> A CC on ticket submission does not a ticket-CC make.
> Ticket CCs are just watchers added to the ticket after creation.
>
> Whether this behaviour should be changed or not is IMO debatable...
> without having thought too much about it, it does /seem/ like a
> reasonable thing to have, or at least be config.pm'able...

As has just been pointed out to me....

# If $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs is true, RT will attempt to divine
# Ticket 'Cc' watchers from the To and Cc lines of incoming messages
# Be forewarned that if you have _any_ addresses which forward mail to
# RT automatically and you enable this option without modifying
# "IsRTAddress" below, you will get yourself into a heap of trouble.
# And well, this is free software, so there isn't a warrantee, but
# I disclaim all ability to help you if you do enable this without
# modifying IsRTAddress below.

$ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs = undef;