[rt-users] Redhat RPMs?

Sean Perry sean.perry at intransa.com
Fri Jul 11 10:35:27 EDT 2003

> Funny you should ask.  In the next week or two I'm going to build all the
> necessary RPMs and instructions for RHL 8.  The only real differences are
> I'll be doing it on/in a vserver - but this shouldn't matter - and for
> a PostgreSQL database located on another system - which probably will.
>

> Rod

I just finished a by hand install on RH8.  The things that took me a
while to get were:

a) all of the perl depends.  This was a complete mess.  Took me the
better part of a day to get everything installed an working.
WWW::Mechanize in particular did not install gracefully and I had to
hand install it (ignoring the failed make test).

Several of the perl modules from CPAN refused to install and I had to
fall back to the rpms from RH8.

Getting real RPMS for all of the perl depends would go a LONG way to
making rt easier to install, faster too.

b) I needed Active Directory support and I wanted apache2 so I went with
the absolute latest versions of apache and mod_perl.  Everything seems
kosher but it took some doing.