[rt-users] new users can't login / digest:: md5 ??

Hodge, Jeff F (ECIII) Jeff.Hodge at yuma.army.mil
Tue Jul 22 19:22:47 EDT 2003

I have just installed RT 3-0-3 using mysql 4.0.12.  For the most part
everything went well with the install.  The root superuser can log in and
create new users, and looking into the DB the users are in the user table,
however the users can't log into RT.   Similar to problem from archived
thread as shown below.  Another interesting thing is that each new user has
the same password stored in the users table....even though I have assigned
different passwords to new users.  Also I have checked both "Let this user
access RT" and "Let this user be granted rights".  As far as the digest::md5
suggestion, I'm not entirely sure whcih version is installed, or actualy how
to check it.....newbie.
thoughts?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com  <mailto:pdh%40snapgear.com>
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:29:21 +1000