[rt-users] RT3 mailgate questions

Christopher Manly cam2 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 13 17:10:19 EST 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers.  I've got it figured out... comments below.

At 11:40 AM -0800 3/13/03, seph wrote:
>  > I've had RT2 up and running successfully for a while, and I'm working
>>  on a new implementation based on RT3, and I have a couple of questions
>>  about the new httpd-based mailgate:
>
>my understanding, and I haven't stared at the mailgate yet, is that it
>tries to post to the NoAuth portion of the RT wuib UI.

Sure enough.  Trace the code far enough, and the mailgate talks to
/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway.

>  > 1) The docs state that a user needs to be set up for the mailgate with
>>  permissions to create tickets, but nothing mentions how to configure
>>  the mailgate to use that user.  How is that done?
>
>dunno, I think it'd be okay if you gave Everybody the rights, not sure
>if you want to do that though. Otherwise, ISTR seeing a patch either
>on rt-users or rt-devel that would make the mailgate supply a username
>and password for for Apache's Basic Auth.

For now, I've decided to just allow access to the aforementioned
mail-gateway script from the local host without authentication.

--
Christopher Manly
Unix Systems Administrator