[rt-users] How to tie RT to Exchange 5.5?

Binand Sethumadhavan binand at gmx.net
Mon Mar 31 17:36:35 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 01:29:21PM +0200, Bafana Mtshali wrote:
> I have set up my RT server to receive email from an account in Exchange by
> using fetchmail through an NT/Exchange account. I used the same username on
> both RT and NT servers so as to make replying through NT easy. I'm still
> using a local sendmail though.

My setup is:

mx1.mydomain.com is the public access MX for mydomain.com.
support.mydomain.com has a separate MX record. It is firewalled to allow
SMTP connections only from mx1.mydomain.com (it is in the DMZ). This
computer runs RT/Sendmail/Postgres/Apache.

itsupport at mydomain.com is forwarded (via Courier aliases) to
itsupport at support.mydomain.com.

Courier takes care of the rest. Gets rid of fetchmail from the setup ;)

I certainly don't see any reason why Exchange cannot replace Courier in
the above setup.

I have a CanonicalizeAddress routine too, just in case. :)

Binand