[rt-users] How to tie RT to Exchange 5.5?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Mar 31 12:53:09 EST 2003

* Shmulik Gazit <Shmulik at olivesoftware.com> [2003-03-31 02:39]:

> Hi,
>
> I Want to put the RT machine in the DMZ and have email that get to our
> exchange 5.5 server as rt at example.com, be rerouted to rt at rt.example.com. If
> possible I also want RT to use a remote sendmail, than the local one.

Well, since (I think) RT doesn't contain it's own smtp routines, you'd have to use some sendmail type program on the rt machine, but that sendmail can be configured to send mail through another machine.

As far as RT getting mail from an exchange server, simply tell your exchange server to forward a copy of the mail from the receiving account to your RT account.
Be forwarned however, that what we've seen is that Exchange doesn't appear to forward the mail immediately. This wouldn't be a problem, except we've also seen cases where someone will look at the message in exchange, and then exchange never forwards a copy to rt.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #5 (Collect all 18)
"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. It passes my comprehension how human beings, be they ever so experienced and able, can delight in depriving other human beings of that precious right." - Mohandas K. Ghandi