[rt-users] Postfix + RT3 Guide

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Feb 10 08:59:36 EST 2004

Leon Sonntag scripted ::

>I'm running RT 3.06 with Postfix 2.0.18 on RedHat8.  I was able to get
>the mailgateway running with the standard aliases (as shown in the
>documentation).
>rt: "|/etc/smtsh/rt-mailgate --queue queue-name --action corrsepond (or
>comment) --url  <http://rt.mydomain.com/> http://rt.mydomain.com

Thank you for confirming that this part of it should still work.

>If you want to give specific problems, I'll be glad to do what I can to
>help.

When I try to send messages to user at server.domain.com I get a bounce message
from my main mail server mail.domain.com reporting "Unknown Recipient"
(mail.domain.com is running Exchange 5.5). I also seem to be unable to send
messages off the server. Internally rt and users are able to toss messages
around and fetchmail can go out and bring them in, but that seems like a kludgy
way to go about it. Shouldn't I be able to send the messages directly to the
box? I'm probably missing something basic so appreciate your patience.

>I've gotten varying amounts of help here.
>Sometimes reasonably good.....sometimes silence.
>(but then maybe I'm just spoiled with the Postfix users group)

:-) And I a spoiled Gentoo user. At least no one cusses you out. I usually take
silence to mean I need to go back and try harder to find my problem and make a
more thorough report of my issues.

>Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

I agree. :-) And then you can help others.

JSR/