[rt-users] Sub Queues

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:20:53 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:38:18PM +0100, Cerion Armour-Brown wrote:
> Hmm. I can see the usefulness, particularly because CF's in a queue wouldn't
> be good past one level, e.g.
> Bug queue
>  - ProjX -> Module_a, Module_b
>  - ProjY -> Module_r, Module_s
> So we could make a CF for 'Projects', but not 'Modules' (we could, but v.
> messy)
> Hence group with parent tickets instead.
>
> But _only_ a searching convenience?!

Ok. I misunderstood what kind of CF you were going to create. A CF
that defines the type of work package (e.g., docs, testing,
refactoring) would probably be just a searching convienience. One that
defines the parent would be necessary for searching currently if you
go to multiple depths.

> As you say, you could get to the tickets via the parent, but that precludes
> any other searching on those tickets.
> How could I then say:
> "Find all open bugs under project_x, module_a, under my ownership"

I think we are talking about two different things. I would set up
queues differently for project management and issue tracking. My issue
tracking queues have CFs defined for application and module. My
project tracking queues rely on links.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"