[rt-users] RT (and others) Very Slow!!

Dermot Williams dermot.williams at irishbroadband.ie
Mon Nov 22 06:06:31 EST 2004

Hi all,

This is something of a longshot, but since it affects RT and some of you
good good people have probably come across something similar in the
past, I though I'd chance it.

Basically, when I ssh to the machine that I have RT running on, it takes
an age to log in. Once I've logged on, any program that I launch runs at
the speed that I would expect. If I su to root/any other user it takes
forever. This manifests itself in RT with ticket updates taking an age
to complete. The problem seems to be with authentication - I'm not au
fait with the inner workings of RT itself, but I'm guessing that since
the apache process is run as www-data and there's an rtuser account on
my system, it is switching users at some point.

Does anyone have idea where I can begin to start tracking down this
problem? Oh yeah, it's a recent development as well - before last
Thursday, everything was fine.

I look forward to any help you guys can give me. Box is running Debian,
by the way, with 1Gb RAM, 2.4Ghz P4.

Thanks,

Dermot