[rt-users] Starting ticket numbering at a given number

Jean-Michel Barbet Jean-Michel.Barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr
Mon Oct 4 03:44:16 EDT 2004

Joerg Herbert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 24 Sep 2004 at 15:16, Jean-Michel Barbet wrote:
>

>>Nils-Erik Svangård wrote:
>>

>>>Is this to make RT not start its search from ticket nr 1?
>>>If so how do you search older tickets?
>>
>>No, this is because we are currently using req and want to start
>>using RT at number 3843 to have the same ticket number in both
>>request-trackers.
>>
>>We will have the in parallel and the stop req to use RT exclusively.
>>
>>Jean-Michel BARBET.
>>
>>By the way, thanks to Matthew Cheale for his answer that I will try
>>soon.
>

> I would be very happy, if you could point me in the right direction,
> because this I what I am also looking for. (I searched the archive
> for a good time now with no success.)

Note :
I use MySQL, commands may have to be adapted for another database.

a) connect to your database, as a user with enough rights on the
    database rt3 (I used root) :

    mysql  -u root -p
    Password: *********

b) select the rt3 base and update the Ticket table :

    mysql>use rt3;
    mysql>alter table Tickets auto_increment=3846;

I had to give more than one try and, still I do not remember if
the number to put here is the next number to use or the current one,
in which case the next will be this one plus one.

Jean-Michel BARBET.

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr