[rt-users] Help with Apache configuration for RT

k b k_b0000 at yahoo.se
Sun Mar 12 15:15:54 EST 2006

--- stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:

> I'm tryiing to get RT set up on a FreeBSD machine.
> I've installed
> the www.rt34 port, and configured corectly (I think)
> the .pm's
>
> The I added the following to Apache's http.conf:
>

> #
> # Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need
> (with no limit). The format is
> # Alias fakename realname
> #
> <IfModule mod_alias.c>
>
>     Alias /rt3 /usr/local/rt3/share/html
>     PerlModule Apache::DBI
>     <Location /rt3>
>        PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>        SetHandler perl-script
>        PerlHandler RT::Mason
>     </Location>
>
> </IfModule>
> # End of aliases.
>
> Now, I can go to http://<server_name>/rt3 and I get
> the login page.
> I can then login, but all of the links on that page
> are bad links
> (EG Tools Configuration).
>
> Can some kind soul point out what I'm doing wrong
> here?
>
> I have other fucntionality that this Apache instance
> is used
> for (IE Wordpress), so I really want to have the rt3
> "directory"
> be the top level of all RT land.
>
> Thanks for the help.

How is your RT_Siteconfig.pm?
(usually found as /opt/rt3/etc/RT_Siteconfig.pm)

in the RT_Siteconfig.pm file there are three lines
that you need to take a look at. in your case i think
they should look like:

Set($WebPath , "/rt3");
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://your.server.com$WebPort");
Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");

after you change, restart your web server.