[rt-users] Scrip to not auto-reply mail send to specific to-address

Puuter . puuter at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:06:16 EST 2007

Hello,I'm new to RT so maybe this seems obvious to you, but since I installed RT (on Windows) I've got this problem:In my company we use internally an e-mailaddress that sends to every mailbox in the domain.Let's say it's the address: everybody AT ourdomain.comEverybody means everybody and so this means dat also rt get's the mail (at the address: rt AT ourdomain.com )Since rt gets an e-mail, rt makes a ticket and sends an auto-reply, which is of course both unnecessary in this case.Ican not make a scrip and refuse/delete the mail based on the from-adresbecause it's a legitime address (an user in our company).Maybelater on this user wants to send a supportquestion to rt ATourdomain.com. He will be using the same from-address, so rejectingbased on the from-address isn't a good idea.Creating a new queue ('spam' or 'trash' or 'wathever') with the 'everybody AT ourdomain.com'-address isn't a solution either.The legitime address 'rt AT ourdomain.com' stays in use and keeps getting the everybody-mails.The only thing I can rely on is the to-address in the header : everybody AT ourdomain.comCansomeone give me a hint or preferably a scrip that I can use so that rtdoesn't react on e-mails that were send to everybody (or some otheraddress)?Many thanks will gou your way, not only from me, butalso from my co-workers whom now recieve unwanted auto-reply's andticketnumbers.Sincerely,Lieven