[rt-users] Couldnt open File 'sessions.MYI' in /opt/rt3/var/session_data

John Schubert johnschubert at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 16:58:49 EDT 2007

Thanks Ole,
I checked and with the standard install my database is
indeed in /var.  I'm playing with  myisamchk to see if
there's a way to restore.

I asked the IT department to back this server up for
years, but they've ignored me.  This is the only
machine I have permissions, otherwise I'd have just
backed it up myself.  I didn't backup to itself just
cause the harddrive isn't terribly large.

I'll keep digging through MySQL and see if I can
overcome the odds and get the DB back up.  If I'm
successful, I'll post what I did.

Thanks again,
John