[rt-users] Upgrading to 3.8.0: schema.mysql, column_info selection problem

Fernando Frota Machado de Morais frota at cecom.ufmg.br
Wed Jul 16 21:58:44 EDT 2008

I think my experience will not help anyone, but it's from all the others, so I
think it can be usefull:

I had the same problem in my production RT server. But I did a brand new
installation of RT 3.8 in my personal computer, then I removed completely the
database and restored a copy from the production server. I had no problems
during the execution of the script, but I had problems when I was executing
the "sql.queries" at the line

#ALTER TABLE CustomFields MODIFY LookupType VARCHAR(255) CHARACTER SET ascii
NOT NULL DEFAULT NULL

So, I comented the line and continue to run the script. Things are working
well.

Im my production server, I was not able to generate the "sql.queries" file,
but, despite of that, things are working fine. I had to run mannually all the
update scripts since 3.6.5, but it's ok, probably documentation will be
updated for 3.8.1.

RT production server ir running
     mysql-server-5.0.45-6.fc7 and
     perl-DBD-MySQL-3.0008-1.fc7 (DBD::mysql v3.0008)

My working computer is running
     mysql-server-5.0.51a-1.fc9 and
     perl-DBD-MySQL-4.005-8.fc9

but testdeps and fixdeps executed fine at both computers.