[rt-users] Assign ticket to someone who's queue is not visible to me - or - what's an ACL?

Thomas Fluch FluchT at wyeth.com
Wed May 20 12:28:50 EDT 2009

Hey!

I want to assign tickets to a supporter who is watcher of a queue I cannot see. I figured out, that I can only assign tickets to those who are in the scope of my visible queues. So, if i can see the queues "general" and "development", i cant assign a ticket to Mr. Blub, who is watcher of the queue "media" only. The drop down menu of "owner" just offers all names of queues I can see.

I dont want everyone to see each queue to prevent an information overflow. How can i solve that problem? Does this have something to do with the ACL? If not, whats an ACL (Access Control List) and how can i use it efficiently? The wiki does not offer much information about the ACL.

Thanks 2 everyone
Best regards,
Tommy!