[rt-users] getting the "Resolver Name / address" into a template?

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 10:03:26 EST 2010

--- On Wed, 12/15/10, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 02:04:30PM
> -0800, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> >    I'm using RT 3.8.8 and would like to
> create a template to be used at the time of resolving the
> >    ticket.  It should contain:
> >
> >    Ticket number
> >    Resolver name
> >
> >    I believe the ticket number is pretty
> simple:  #{$Ticket->id()}
> >    But is there a way to get the name/email
> address of the person who resolved the ticket?
>
> Something like { $Transaction->CreatorObj->RealName }
> - untested
>
> -kevin

Kevin:
  Thanks for the note.  But I'm still having problems.  My goal is relatively simple, and maybe there's a different way.  Perhaps using the "On Resolve" with a "User Defined" action?  If I could do something like this, I would be set:

On Resolve, send the transaction (as long as it includes the resolver name / email, and ticket number) to an email address outside of RT:  rt-resolved at mydomain.com.
The above will actually pipe through a perl script to parse out what I need, modify the subject the way I want it, and create an email to the target exactly how I want it to be.

Anyone have any ideas on how this could be done?

Thanks again!