[rt-users] How to send a different message to each requestor of ticket?

Guenter Burgstaller Guenter.Burgstaller at herold.at
Mon Mar 1 10:49:32 EST 2010

Hello,

There can be several requestors for a single ticket. I want to send a
different customized HTML message to each requestor.

E.g. the first requestor should get:

Dear John,

Your ticket #999 has been closed. Please provide feedback on our
service using [here is a personalized URL to a web based feedback
form].

The second requestor should get:

Dear Karen,

Your ticket #999 has been closed. Please provide feedback on our
service using [here is a personalized URL to a web based feedback
form].

And so on for all other existing requestors of ticket #999.

I know how to send HTML messages and I can list all requestors of a
ticket in a template using e.g. this code sample from the RT wiki:

Requestors: {
  my $users = $Ticket->Requestors->UserMembersObj;
  my $output = '';
  while( my $user = $users->Next ) {
     $output .= ', ' if $output;
     $output .= $user->Name;
  }
  $output;
}

But how can I trigger a different mail to each requestor?

Regards,

Günter Burgstaller