[rt-users] RT 4.2.1 - Weird issue with HTML comments/correspondense - RT always registers plain text with HTML tags

Bart bart at pleh.info
Tue Dec 10 10:41:57 EST 2013

Hi,

As the subject states, when I place a comment or correspondence to a ticket
it registers it all as plain text with HTML tags.

E.g. Hello world in bold would look like this in the ticket history:

On top of that, outgoing mails also look like this....

My first thought would be that the templates we're broken since the update,
but after updating the correspondense template for HTML (which it already
was, but I copied the example HTML correspondense template just in case).
Here's how the template looks:

RT-Attach-Message: yes

{$Transaction->Content( Type => "text/html")}

But, even with this template it keeps regisgtering HTML code as plain text
and sending out the same code as outgoing mails.

I can'f find any errors regarding this within the system/apache logs, so
I'm kinde lost at where to begin with fixing this problem. Especially since
I had a testing environment (copy of production) which seemed to work just
fine.....

So does anyone know where I should start for fixing this? I could imagine
that some perl module got broken, but I really don't know which one I
should reinstall or update...

Thanks in advance!

--
Bart G.