[rt-users] How to modify/get rid of Custom Field Label

Duncan Napier dgnapier at sfu.ca
Tue Jul 2 16:24:33 EDT 2013

Thanks! Custom en.po did the trick!

                                    Duncan.

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:03:27 -0400
From: Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] How to modify/get rid of Custom Field Label
        "Input must match [Mandatory]"

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 07:00:38AM -0700, Duncan Napier wrote:
> The label is cryptic and confusing to my end-users. I don't really need any regular expressions (other than the standard checks for escape or overflow inputs) as users input their supervisor/dept in one mandatory custom field and their location in a second. I've looked around at suggestions this maillist and at the code in
>
> rt/local/lib/RT/CustomField.pm
>
> I don't want to change any functionality within the module - it seems to be a whole lot of questionable modification to change a trivial label. Any suggestions?

To hide it, use the css class on that div.
To change it, make a custom en.po with something like

msgid "Input must match %1"
msgstr "Enter something"

-kevin

--

                                 Regards,

                                 Duncan.

Duncan Napier
duncan_napier at sfu.ca
http://www.sfu.ca/~dgnapier/
IT & Instrumentation Consultant
Dept of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Simon Fraser University

"It takes ten years to become good at being a kid. Then another ten years
to become good at not being a kid" - Larry Wall.