[rt-users] Configure Role Rights Globally?

Tim Wiley tim at marchex.com
Fri Jul 12 15:30:43 EDT 2013

On 07/12/2013 09:51 AM, Elliott, Kevin C (DOR) wrote:
> Excellent. That makes sense. Do you handle Rights for the builtin Systems groups (Everyone, Unprivileged, Privileged) the same way? Again, it doesn't make sense to me to configure these on a queue by queue basis.

Sure, if I want to give blanket permissions to any of those groups to
all of my queues, however in my setup, I don't.  Most of my queues have
a group or set of groups with permissions to it.  There are a couple of
exceptions (Help Desk, etc.) that I give Everyone permissions to, but I
do that on the queue level so I don't open up the permissions on the
specific queues that don't need to be public.  If all of your queues are
public, then I'd set them globally.  It all just depends on how open you
want ALL of your queues to be.