[rt-users] Custom Field (Priority) not Updating Actual Priority

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 30 16:01:16 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:10:07AM -0700, wendi413 wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, Kevin. I am using Priority as a mandatory Custom
> Field when tickets are created. Is there another way to make selecting a
> Priority mandatory at ticket creation? If I used PriorityAsString Extension,
> wouldn't I still have this problem - only they are strings instead?
> Appreciate the help, still super new to all of this..

Ah - you didn't say 'mandatory' in your original email, you just
showed code for converting from strings to integers.

When you say it doesn't work on the basics page, if you navigate away
from Basics to the History, do you see that it ran?

You should also keep in mind that you can always write
RT->Logger->error($pri_va);
in your Scrip to debug what's going on.

-kevin