[rt-users] changing user's permissions from outside of RT

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Sat Jul 19 02:20:11 EDT 2014

What is the scope of your definition of "outside" RT?

RT has a command line interface, and you can also run Perl scripts on the
RT host that interact directly with RT's library code to achieve tasks.

One example of an operation that can be run directly on the RT host is this
script, which resets the root user's password:

use lib '/opt/rt4/lib';
use RT;
use RT::User;
RT->LoadConfig;
RT->Init;
my $u = RT::User->new(RT->SystemUser);
$u->Load('root');
$u->SetPassword('secret');

Altering database tables directly is another option, but one I've never
tried personally (and wouldn't unless I had to, because I trust RT's code
more than myself to alter table data without side effects).

What specific user privilege adjustments would you like to make?