[rt-users] Prevent users from making Comments on tickets

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Thu Feb 12 12:06:48 EST 2015

I'm in the process of locking down end-user permissions in our RT install. We want it set up so that users can only do Reply, and Admins can use Comment and Reply. At present, my "end user" can't see a Comment in a ticket, or an attachment made with a Comment. However, if the user emails the Comment address or uses the Comment in the Action drop-down in the ticket the entry gets made. The proper visibility of the resulting Comment is correct. AFAIK, there are no global permissions for anything (I'm doing it al at the queue level for each queue).

Everyone, Privileged, Unprivileged all have no permissions
End User perms for queue: CreateTicket, SeeQueue
Requestor perms for queue: ReplyToTicket, SeeCustomField, SeeQueue, ShowTicket, ModifyCustomField, ModifyTicket

Did I overlook something?

Stephen J. Cena
Supervisor/Systems Administrator - MIS/IT Dept
Quality Vision International
850 Hudson Ave
Rochester,NY 14620
Phone: 585-544-0450 x300
Please report email problems to: postmaster at qvii.com<mailto:postmaster at qvii.com>

QVII MIS/IT Dept - We do what we must because we can.
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."