[svk-users] svk mirror won't work at all, and svk push // doesn't progagate to remote repos.

Shlomi Fish shlomif at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:46:33 EDT 2008

Hi all!

[ Resending in a reformatted way, because I was told my original message with
the IRC log was unreadble.]

Lately, I've noticed that my svk has become unusable. It:

1. Won't push to the original remote repository.

2. Refuses to mirror new repositories.

---

I'm getting:

{{{
shlomi:~$ svk push //mirror/shlomif/homepage/trunk
Cannot find the path which '//mirror/shlomif/homepage/trunk' copied from.
}}}

I'm trying to push to http://opensvn.csie.org/shlomif/homepage/trunk/ from my
local repository, but it doesn't get propagated to the remote repository.

When I do svk push to the //local branch, it doesn't get propagated beyond
//mirror .

I made the cp for the local copy as instructed in "svk help intro".

Furthermore:

{{{{{{
$ svk propget svm:source //mirror/shlomif/homepage/trunk
https://opensvn.csie.org/shlomif!/homepage/trunk
}}}}}}

The problematic logs are in:

http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/code/svk/

They were generated using:

* svn log -v http://opensvn.csie.org/shlomif/homepage/ >
remote-svn-log-homepage.log

* svk log -v //mirror > svk-log-mirror.log

Another anecdote is that the following fails with an error:

{{{{{{{
shlomi:~$ svk mirror http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn
//mirror/Module-Starter
/mirror/shlomif/homepage/trunk is not a mirrored path.
}}}}}}}

As a result of this my svk has become unusable. For working on Module-Starter,
I eventually opted to use hgsvn ( http://pypi.python.org/pypi/hgsvn/ )
instead. (After trying bzr-svn and seeing it had a bug). I would like to
get svk fixed though, because I keep my homepage's sources there, etc. and
would like to share the most up-to-date versions (read - not many months old)
with the world.

Regards,

         Shlomi Fish