[rt-devel] First attempt at importing

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Jun 7 23:45:21 EDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 05:25:54PM -0700, Bob Finch wrote:

>     Jesse> I look forward to hearing how the import goes with 1.3.95.
>
> So far, importing with 1.3.95 has fixed all the problems I ran into
> earlier.

Cool. FWIW, 1.3.97 fixes a few bugs with 'set owner' transactions, I believe.

> My latest import hasn't finished yet, it's got about 500 (out of 7575)
> tickets to go.  It's been running about 8 hours now -- at the
> beginning it was doing 1 or 2 tickets per second, now it is averaging
> about 2 tickets per minute, so I'd guess I've got a few more hours to
> go...

There are definitely some more performance tweaks that would be useful.
I suspect that it's mainly losing due to the lack of some index or other on
requestor.

> The transactions appear out of order on some tickets.  I think this
> only happens with tickets that were originally imported from Req.
> Maybe "order by trans_date" should be added to the select in
> MigrateTransactions?

Hmmm. That shouldn't be necessary with a standard RT install. But give that
a shot on your local instance. if it looks like it does the right thing,
I'll roll it into the release.

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

  "Mary had a crypto key / She kept it in escrow
     And everything that Mary said / The Feds were sure to know" -- Sam Simpson