[rt-devel] Future feature

Feargal Reilly feargal at online.thecia.ie
Mon May 21 18:11:48 EDT 2001

Sounds good to me. I know not everyone would ne crazy about client's seeing the comments, but it's the sort of thing a lot of companies would sell as part of the service. And since the requestor will already have a DB user entry, it won't increase the size any. I remember being impressed by Xircom's support site, as I could log in and view the ticket's history, so I could see that while they weren't getting back to me, things were happening. Good one for the wishlist.

-Feargal.

    _/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/_/_/  Feargal Reilly,
   _/       _/   _/    _/  Systems Administrator,
  _/       _/   _/_/_/_/   The Communications Interactive Agency.
 _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/    _/    Phone: +353-86-8732249.

     In evaluating a few of the ticketing systems out there, they all paled in
     comparison to RT. I did come across one feature though in one of them that
     though was pretty nice idea. I figured I would bounce it around. When a
     ticket is generated, e-mail the requestor with a randomly generated passwo
     rd
     and a link that they can follow and view their ticket including the status
     and comments. Any thoughts?

     Eric Mandel
     WorldNow
     (646) 435-5395 Direct
     (646) 772-6161 Cell

     Enabling media companies to build powerful new businesses on the Internet.

     	This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
     addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on th
     is
     message or any information herein. If you have received this message in
     error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete thi
     message. Thank you for your cooperation.