[rt-devel] Translation Problems.

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 28 13:10:02 EST 2002

> I got quickly over the gettext documentation and couldn't find why
> these lines should be required before the file's initial headers.  I
> checked the version I sent in May and found that it already had them,
> but I can't remember having put them there on purpose.
>
> I guess their presence hides the initial headers which determine the
> character encoding of the file (UTF-8).  If this is correct these
> lines shouldn't really be there.
>
> Does anyone in this list know better?

They're required for locale::maketext::lexicon to do the right thing.
I know that older versions of locale::maketext::lexicon had issues with
extra newlines in the message catalogs.  Make sure you're running the
most recent version.

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.