[rt-devel] Database schema question

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Apr 17 04:33:39 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, April 17, 2003, at 10:15  Uhr, Ryszard Lach wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I tried to upgrade my RT 2.0 database to 3.0 version. Because I
> couldn't find any script for doing this I assumede there is no such a
> script.

There is a conversion tool in the devel subdirectory of the rt download
area. It is not yet complete and has a few wrinkles to iron out, but it
works (albeit a little bit slow for a large number of tickets).
The latest version is 'rt2-to-rt3-v1.8.tar.gz'

> Well, it seemed that manual creating users, queues and groups
> and migrating tickets and transactions and updating owner's and
> creator's fields in tickets and transactions would be enough. It worked
> almost very well

How fast is Your version? Maybe You should have a look at Jesse's
complete conversion tool, where You will find Your answers. It would
also be nice to see Your migration script...

Regards,
     Harald

--
Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg