[Rt-devel] RT integration with Asterisk open source PBX (rt-soap-server.pl & 3.4.1) ?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 13:14:00 EDT 2005

Hi,
I'm currently using the Asterisk PBX (http://www.asterisk.org) and RT 3.4.1.

I'd like to have the ability for tickets to be created automatically
from callers to the
Asterisk PBX.

e.g.

Caller calls the tech support department number:
 "Welcome to technical support, please leave a description of your
fault after the tone. Press
# when done"
(caller leaves fault report)
"please wait your fault it being logged"
"Your ticket number is 1234 blah blah blah"

I'd also like the ability for callers to be able to query a RT ticket
via a phone call to asterisk.

e.g.

"Please enter your ticket number"
(caller keys in RT ticket number via phone keypad)
"please wait whilst we get your ticket details"
"Currently your ticket is in status <pending/stalled/completed/etc>"

I have tried the Asterisk AGI from this page:

http://megaglobal.net/docs/asterisk/html/rtasterisk.html

but it seems that the rt-soap-server.pl does not work with the version
of RT I am using, 3.4.1 .

As a result the interface between RT and asterisk does not work.

Has anybody got something like this working? Is there a likely fix for
the rt-soap-server.pl which will make it work with 3.4.1 ?

Here's hoping!!

Thanks

Mike
p.s. I've posted similar messages to the asterisk community but so far
drawn a blank.