[Rt-devel] Creating system user...Could not create user

Brookes, Iris Iris.Brookes at tdsecurities.com
Fri May 13 12:33:27 EDT 2005

Hi:

Help please!!!!

I'm installing RT3.4.1 on a Solaris machine::
unname -a output:    SunOS tocrsv02 5.8 Generic_117350-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

and I'm getting this error when I try to run "make initialize-database":

/usr/local/perl5.8/bin/perl //home/rtusr/RT/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba RT_USER --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to connect to your Oracle instance on localhost as RT_USER.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
...skipped as RT_USER is not RT_USER or we're working with Oracle.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
Done setting up database schema.
Now inserting database ACLs
Now inserting RT core system objects
Checking for existing system user...not found.  This appears to be a new installation.
Creating system user...Could not create user
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 1

Can someone please help me??

Iris Brookes