[Rt-devel] Creating Tickets Programmatically

Douglas von Roeder dvonroeder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:21:13 EDT 2007

Hello All

I'm working on a project for a client who's using RT.

I'm trying to create Tickets in RT programactically and stumped about how to
add a "Notes" field.

I'm able to log in to the MySQL database, insert a Ticket row and assign
data to the columns. The problem that I'm facing is that I have a few dozen
lines of text that I want to "attach" to a note that provides detailed
information for the ticket.

My client has told me to put it the Attachment table which looks good since
it's related to the Transaction via TransactionID. However there's no
TicketID in Transaction.

Do I populate Transaction'ObjectId with the ID of the Ticker to relate a
Transaction back to a Ticket?

Thanks in advance.
--
Douglas von Roeder