[Rt-devel] RecordComment syntax

Andy Werner Andy.Werner at amxinc.com
Wed Apr 23 10:31:06 EDT 2008

I am trying to set up a cron job that records a comment on certain tickets based on an SQL search.  The comment will be based on a template.  So far the script won't work.  I have been trying to use a simple job so far to see if this will work on a single ticket.  It appears that the cron jobs are running now as I am getting verbose output.

Here is the job:
/home/amxrt/rt3/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg "id = '1406'" --action RT::Action::Notify --template 18 -verbose

Here is the output of the job:

1406: Using transaction #48871...Action prepared...

The template is the same template in the example for TimedNotifications:

Subject: {$Ticket->id} test.

RT-Send-Cc: ... at ....com (fill in email address here)

The ticket {$Ticket->id} is only being used for testing.

Any help on this would be awesome as I have been staring at this for a long time.

Andy Werner