[Rt-devel] Custom fields: types and widgets.

Jan Grant jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 09:50:02 EST 2008

I have a bunch of custom fields. Those fields have particular types
(dates, fixed-format text, multivalued, etc).

What I'm interested in doing is having custom widgets for particular
fields: both for ticket display and value entry. In the latter case I'm
thinking about AJAX-enhanced fields that can go off and do
autocompletion, or potentially fill in an additional set of fields once
they have vales, and so on.

The consequence of this is that I'm interested in marking particular
custom fields as requiring particular widgets for (a) display, (b) data
entry, and (c) data entry in the query interface.

Is this currently easily doable? Would the extension to RT to permit
this be straightforward? What I'm really asking is whether RT will let
me construct my own UI components for custom attributes - I'm happy to
do the behind-the-scenes plumbing to get the AJAX stuff working; I'm
just wondering how much RT would help in putting the UI together.

Cheers,
jan

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/