[Rt-devel] POLL Re: RT3.8beta - creating child tickets

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon May 12 12:15:25 EDT 2008

> When I "create a related ticket", I would like it to copy the subject
> and maybe the watchers and priority from the original ticket, but pretty
> much nothing else.

The most common use case we've run into is "user included two issues in
one ticket."

> Here's my fun example. I'm working on ticket #2- "bake a cake". I
> determine that I don't have enough flour on hand. I create a "child"
> ticket #3- "get more flour". The child ticket #3 could be in a separate
> queue, assigned to someone else. I, the owner of #2, am the requester of
> #3. Someone else can take #3, perform the task, and I'll be notified
> when it is completed.

Given that I don't think you're using RT for cake processing (though I'd
love to hear about it if you are), what do you have for real-world usage
examples? I'm specifically looking for non-contrived situations to help
inform the design ;)

-j