[Rt-devel] [rt-users] Using rt-mailgate with multiple actions and UnsafeEmailCommands.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Mon Dec 7 10:51:46 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-04 at 17:39 -0500, Jason A. Smith wrote:

> I think the problem is actually with the logic in:
>
> RT::Interface::Email::GetAuthenticationLevel
>
> The AuthStat value is only initialized once in the beginning of the
> function and after CommandByMail's TakeAction processes the correspond
> action, AuthStat is left with a value of -2, which means all remaining
> actions will be skipped with any plugin.
>
> Shouldn't the AuthStat value be reset for each action?  I think it may
> be better to put the actions loop outside of the plugins loop and reset
> the AuthStat value for each action.  What do you think?

I created a patch that moves the action loop outside of the mail plugin
loop, so each action can be considered separately and tested this on our
3.8.6 RT server.  Bug report and patch can be found here:

http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=14220

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |