[Rt-devel] [Patch] remove all queue mail addresses in Attachment sub Addresses

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 9 12:26:59 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 09:56:31AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> Am 08.02.2010 16:36, schrieb Kevin Falcone:
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > If you've set RTAddressRegexp in your config, those addresses
> > shouldn't show up (see RT::EmailParser->IsRTAddress later in
> >
> > There is some work on a branch to warn about empty regexps and build a
> > naive one for you, but you're better off crafting something
> > site-specific.
> >
> > Once that branch hits trunk, we'll probably remove those explicit
> > queue address checks as a performance hit.
> >
> if you do that, think about user like me. Our queue mail addresses have
> nothing in common that I can use in RTAddressRegexp.
> The only way for me is, to include every single queue mail address in
> the RTAddressRegexp. So I have the mail addresses in to places, within
> the database in queue table and within the RT_SiteConfig.pm.
> Is that really what you want?

Not setting that makes it much easier for you to make RT loop to
itself.  We actually just removed code from trunk that loops through
all your queues building the regexp for performance reasons and are
discussing the best way to proceed.

If we had to check every single address with 2 sql queries on a ticket
with 100 attachments, you'd start to notice a serious performance
drag waiting for Update.html to load.

-kevin